Dr. Nirmal Bhasin, MD, is a clinical embryologist and an IVF/ICSI Specialist. With over 18 years of experience in the field of fertility and gynecology, Dr. Bhasin has helped hundreds of people embrace the joys of parenthood.
She is a visiting consultant at several infertility clinics across the region, and Jannee Fertility Centre is a pioneer in ovum donation and surrogacy in the northern region of India.
Take a look at her resume below:
- 1991 – MBBS, MD
- Oct. 1992 – Sept.1993 – Worked at 500 Bedded, General Hospital, Sector 16, Chandigarh
- July 1994- June 1995 – House Job in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at General Hospital, Sector 16, Chandigarh.
- June 1995 – Sept.1999 – Independent Exclusive Gynecology Practice
- September 1999 – July 2004 – Embryologist/ Clinical Assistant Worked at the Gynae and Fertility Research & IVF Centre, CMC, Chandigarh, with Dr. U.N. Jindal, Associate Prof. (Retd.) PGI, Chandigarh.
- Received training in ovulation monitoring, HSG, Hysteroscopy, Laproscopic surgeries assistance and intrauterine insemination and other related procedures.
- Worked as in house embryologist in the IVF lab at CMC Chandigarh. Gained expertise in IVF & ICSI
- August 2004-February 2005 – Worked as a counselor with an NGO- AIDS control society
- March 2005- till date
- Successfully running Jannee Fertility Centre
- Visiting embryologist at various IVF Centers in North India
- Semen processing for intrauterine insemination
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Quality control in IVF lab
- IVF procedures i.e. identification of oocytes, handling of oocytes, insemination, embryo transfer etc.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) with ejaculated sperms, PESA, TESA, & TESE Sperms on RI & Narishigae (Olympus) micro – manipulator
- Assisted Hatching
- Embryo Cryopreservation
- ISAR – Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction
- Obst. & Gynaecology practitioner’s Society, Chandigarh
- FOGSI ( North Zone Obs & Gynae society)
- IFS Indian Fertility Society.
- IMA Indian Medical Association.
Conferences & Workshops attended:
- 6th ISAR Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology and advances in infertility management at New Delhi, (February 2000).
- Annual meeting of Northern India Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (April 2000).
- Regional Conference in ART Update at Chandigarh, Organized by Gynae & Fertility Research Centre, Chandigarh.
- Conference on infertility and ART Update at Jalandhar (Sept. 2001)
- Annual Conference & Workshop on Colour Doppler of AICC-RCOG 2000 at postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh (October 2000)
- 7th International Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology and advances in infertility management, Guwahati –Assam, India under the auspices of ISAR (February 2001)
- Workshops on advanced gynaecological Endoscopy; IVF / ISCI at Coimbatore (February 2002)
- 8th International Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology & advances in infertility management. Ooty, Tamil Nadu (February 2002)
- Visited the IVF lab for a week at the Institute for human reproduction Kolkata under the guidance of Dr. B N Chakravarty (August 2002)
- Panel discussion on male infertility 15th annual Conference of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, OBGYN Society, Patiala 29.09.2003.
- 10th International Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology& Advances in Infertility management, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. (February 2004)
- 11th International Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology & Advances in Infertility management , Mumbai, Maharashtra (February 2005)
- 13th International Congress on Assisted Reproduction Technology & advances in Infertility management, Chandigarh U.T. (February 2007).
- Paper Presentation: 8th International Congress on ART at Ooty on Comparison of Intranasal and parenteral (injectable) GnRHa in COH and ICSI Cycles.
- Jindal U.N., Bhasin N. Prevalence, clinical spectrum and outcome of extra pulmonary female genital tuberculosis. Asia Pacific Congress on Diseases of the Chest, Istanbul, Turkey, 2003
- Bhasin N, Jindal U.N. Sensate focus; an effective & simple method for treatment of vaginismus in gynae clinic.10th ISAR Congress on assisted Reproduction technology and advance in infertility management, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 2004.
- Jindal U.N., Bhasin N, ICSI- Hope for infertile men. Current Medical Journal- North Zone: VIII (8); 2002: 21-24.
- Jindal U.N., Bhasin N., Tuberculosis and Infertilty. Current Medical Journal-North Zone IX (6) 2003:19-22
- Articles published on infertility In Sunday editions, Health- Hindustan Times.
- Joint Secretary in ART Update 1 at Chandigarh, Organized by Gynae & Fertility Research Centre, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh. (January 2001)
- Organized Workshops on IUI at the ART Update in Chandigarh in January 2001 and at Medical College, Shimla (February 2002)
- Joint Secretary in ART Update 2 at Chandigarh, Organized by Gynae & Fertility Research Centre, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh (December 2002)
- Joint Secretary in ART Update 3 at Chandigarh, Organized by Gynae & Fertility Research Centre, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh. (18th January 2004)
- Member of the Organizing Committee at the 13th International Congress on ART & advances in infertility management, Chandigarh U.T. (February 2007)
- Conducted Workshop “Hands on IUI” in May 2007 at Rajendra Medical College, Patiala, Organized by the Nabha society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Patiala.