Dr. Jose Eligio Gaytan is an IVF specialist and gynecologic surgeon, practicing in the beautiful beach city of Cancun in Mexico. He received medical education in Mexico and then went to Spain for post-graduation and advanced training in reproductive technology.
Dr. Gaytan has founded and set up several clinics for IVF in Mexico, and he has helped thousands of patients conceive.
For his tremendous contribution to the state of Mexico in this field, Dr. Gaytan has been recognized as a distinguished visitor of the Honorable XVII Constitutional City Council of Ensenada, Baja California.
- Founder and Senior IVF consultant, Cancun, Mexico
- Founder and IVF consultant at various IVF centers across Mexico
- Professor, Dialogues in Human Reproduction with the topic Thyroid Alterations, Mexican Association of Reproductive Medicine.
- Professor, Workshop on Vitrification and Thawing of Oocytes, Mexican Association of Reproductive Medicine.
- Professor, Progress of Reproduction Symposium, Association of Surgeons of the Hospital of Gynecology-Obstetrics ‘Luis Castelazo Ayala’ and the Mexican Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Professor, Workshop of High Technology in Assisted Reproduction in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, by the Latin American Network of Assisted Reproduction and the Institute of Human and Genetic Reproduction.
- Professor, XXI State Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics on Myomatosis and Infertility, by the College of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Quintana Roo and the Mexican Federation of Colleges of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Speaker at the LXI Mexican Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Speaker in the Trans congress course with the theme ‘The Future of Assisted Reproduction’, Chihuahua, Mexico
Education and training
- Medical License for General Practice of Medicine (Titulo y Cedula Professional) from the Anahuac University of Mexico City
- Advanced training in Obs & Gyne from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Masters in Human Reproduction and Reproductive Endocrinology, University of Valencia, Spain
- Advanced training in Subspecialty of Human Reproduction, Valencian Institute of Infertility, Spain
- Advanced course in Gynecological Endoscopy at the Doctor Peset University Hospital, Valencian Institute of Infertility and the Mediterranean Institute of Gynecological Endoscopy, Valencia, Spain.
- Refresher course in Reproduction Biology and Practical Theoretical Course of Hysteroscopy, Mexican Association of Reproductive Medicine
Other activities in the field
- Assistant to the 11th General Network Congress of the Latin American Network of Assisted Reproduction in Panama.
- Assistant at the 24th Annual ESRHE Meeting in Spain
- International Association under Belgian Law on oocyte donation, implantation, and pregnancy rates, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Assistant to the 5th International Congress IVI, Reproductive Medicine and Beyond, in Seville, Spain.
- American Association of Reproductive Medicine (ASMR)
- Mexican Association of Reproductive Medicine (AMMR)
- Association of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the State of Mexico (AGOM)
- Mexican Council of Specialists in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Active Member of the College of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Quintana Roo
- Red Latinoamericana de Reproducción Asistida (REDLARA) or the Latin American Register of Assisted Reproduction
- For his brilliant academic and scientific career that benefits Mexico, Dr. Jose Eligio Gaytan was recognized as a distinguished visitor of the Honorable XVII Constitutional City Council of Ensenada,
- Many publications, including those in the Infertility Magazine and Spanish Society.
- Co-author of “Preliminary Results: 10 Cases of Donation of Devitrified Ovules using Conventional IVF as the only Insemination Method,” presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of Reproductive Medicine, Mexican Association of Reproductive Medicine, AC
- Preliminary Results: 10 Cases of Donation of devitrified ovules using conventional IVF as the only method
- Assessment of the infertile couple, published in Journal of Spanish Fertility Society