Dr. Sarat Battina is one of South India’s leading infertility specialists, whose career spans over three decades. Dr. Battina has been the pioneer of fertility treatments in South India, and has many firsts to his credit:
- First GIFT baby of Tamil Nadu in 1989
- First IVF twins of South India in 1991
- First IVF baby from frozen semen sample in India
He was in-charge of IVF program at Apollo hospitals Chennai since 1989 and has been conferred with many prestigious awards including the “Young achiever award” by JCI and the “Ugadi Puraskar Millennium award” by Madras Telugu Academy.
Below is an overview of his profile:
Education & Training
IVF training at National University Hospital, Singapore under supervision of Prof. S.S Ratnam and Dr. NG Soon Chye
Advanced training – King’s college school of medicine, London under Dr. John Parsons
2011: Certified in robotic surgery by Intuitive Surgicals, Strasbourg, France
1983: M.D. Obs & Gyne – Kurnool Medical College
1982: PG diploma Obs & Gyne (DGO) – Kurnool Medical College
1979: MBBS– Kurnool Medical College
- Head of the Department of Reproductive Medicine, Apollo Hospital, Chennai – 1989 – 2016
- Started the Post-doctoral fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, Apollo Hospital – 2012
- Guide for PHD program in Reproductive Medicine, MGR Medical University
- Conducted many camps in and around Chennai
- Member of Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Member of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction(ISAR)
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine(ASRM)
- On the organizing committee of All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, (AICOG)
- On the organizing committee of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction(ISAR)
Consult Dr. Sarat Battina for:
- Natural Cycle IVF
- Gyne Problems
- Donor egg IVF
- Tubal blockage
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Obs & Gyn)
Dr. Sarat Battina is the one of the most experienced gynecologists in Chennai. He has presented many national and internal papers and also contributed a chapter in “Textbook of infertility” by Dr. Jayakrishnan.
With his extensive experience and passion in all aspects of assisted reproductive technology, Dr. Battina continues his service with an objective of maintaining high success rates in ART, as well as introducing new technologies in this field.
To request evaluation of your case by Dr. Sarat, send in your details via the form on the right. Please send complete details for a quick response.