Intrauterine insemination, often referred to as IUI, is the process of inseminating a woman with her partner’s sperm at time when she is ovulating. It is also known as artificial insemination (AI). Before you book a cycle for IUI in Chandigarh, read the details of the procedure to avoid wasting any money.
By increasing the number of sperm that reach your fallopian tubes, IUI increases your chances of conceiving.
Is IUI for me?
It is the mildest, least invasive, least expensive of all infertility treatments and is often recommended in young couples with unexplained infertility or mild forms of male factor infertility—lower sperm count or lesser motile sperm.
Cases of ejaculation dysfunction, where semen quality is fine, can also be treated with IUI.
It may also be used in cases where the female factors are interfering with fertilization, such as:
- Problems with the cervical mucus creating a poor cervical environment
- Cervical scar tissue that prevents the sperm from entering the uterus
You may be given fertility drugs to improve your chances of conception through artificial insemination.
Cost of IUI in Chandigarh
As compared to the cost of IVF & ICSI, IUI is rather inexpensive, which is why most couple readily go for it. It costs only INR 5,000 per cycle.
Drug costs may be extra but that will be variable depending upon your individual requirement.
To see what is required in your case, fill out the form on the right and our care team member will get back to you.
IUI is a simple procedure, and following are the steps:
- Your fertility status will be checked and ovulation cycle monitored.
- Your partner’s semen sample will be analysed.
- You may be given drugs to boost your fertility at the time of insemination.
- Simultaneously, sperm received from your partner or the donor will be washed and prepared.
- The sperm will then be introduced into your uterus with the help of a thin, flexible catheter.
IUI is a painless procedure and will take a maximum of 2 hours.
The success rates of IUI are under 10%, if you had several failed cycles for IUI, probably you should consult the doctor and go for another treatment. IVF in Chandigarh is cheaper than other places, and we assist you get the best price.