If you are looking for IVF Ahmedabad clinics, do not feel overwhelmed with all that superfluous information out there. It is imperative to understand the details of the treatment you need and then find a doctor who treats you right.
IVF is a big investment—financially and emotionally, and nobody wants to take an uncalculated risk with these expensive ART treatments.
So you must consult with doctors, read all about IVF, and clear all your doubts before making that big investment in IVF.
According to the US CDC, the use of ART & IVF has doubled in the past decade and as the demand grows, so does the number of clinics.
Over 5 million babies have been born worldwide with the help of IVF and if you go in to the right place with the right expectations, this wonderful science could also help you complete your family.
At Infertility Aide our mission is to help patients find reliable, affordable IVF treatments, and if you have any questions, concerns, or stories to share, please write to us.
For IVF in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, the below information will be useful:
What happens in IVF?
IVF or invitro fertilization is the process of fertilizing a woman’s egg with male sperm under controlled conditions of a laboratory.
Normally, this process takes place inside the fallopian tubes of the woman, but if due to genetic, medical, or any other unexplained reasons she is unable to conceive after trying for six months, IVF is recommended.
IVF can be briefly explained in the following 4 steps:
- Stimulation & Egg collection: Hormonal injections are given to the woman for 10-15 days to allow her ovaries to make more eggs.
Higher number of eggs is known to increase chances of IVF success, but if you are averse to taking too many medications, you can also ask the doctor for mild IVF.
In rare cases, patients go for natural cycle IVF, in which no hormones are given.
After sufficient stimulation, a trigger HCG injection is given, and eggs are collected.
- Sperm collection: Semen collection is done on the same day as egg collection and the semen sample is washed and processed.
- Fertilization: Eggs are injected or mixed with the concentrated sperm and the fertilized embryos so formed are left to grow in the lab for 3-5 days
- Embryo transfer (ET): The best quality embryos are selected and 1-3 embryos transferred back into the uterus of the female and pregnancy confirmation test is done 15 days later.
Is IVF for me?
Before coming to Ahmedabad for IVF, you must ascertain if it is the right treatment for you.
IVF is recommended if:
- Your fallopian tubes are blocked are damaged
- Your partner has ejaculation problems or poor quality sperm
- If you have tried fertility drugs like Clomiphene and failed to conceive
- If treatments like IUI have not helped you conceive
- You are less than 35 years, and have been unable to conceive after 12 months of trying actively
- You are over 35 years and have not been able to conceive in 6 months
Cost of IVF in Ahmedabad
IVF costs in Ahmedabad start from around INR 70k with the expenses for drugs depending upon your individual requirement.
If you are traveling for IVF in Ahmedabad from Dubai, Africa, the U.S., Canada, Australia, or any other place in the world, get in touch with the doctor to learn about the complete costs of IVF for your specific case and the required time.
IVF Ahmedabad success rate
The success rates of IVF are 30-40% worldwide, but with ICSI and 5-day embryo transfer Dr. reports a success rate of around 55%.
IVF success rates cannot be trusted blindly, as there are too many factors that vary from case to case. Learn more about IVF success rates and how they can be manipulated by some clinics: here
What if it fails?
Failure of an IVF cycle is painful, but you should not lose all hope. Even at the best of clinics up to 50% of IVF cycles fail and there is no certain way to find out why.
However, you should carefully select the doctor and then placed your full trust in him/her and if possible also get subsequent cycles with the same doctor.
That way you will be entitled to more discount and better chances of success because the doctor already understands your case.
Donor egg IVF in Ahmedabad
If you are over 40 years of age or have been unable to conceive due to the quality of your eggs, the doctor may recommend IVF with donor eggs.
Repeated miscarriages could also be an indication of problem with the eggs, and donor egg may be helpful in this case.
The use of donor eggs is also suggested in cases with genetic or hormonal problems, or premature ovarian failure.
If you have any questions regarding IVF with donor eggs in Ahmedabad, please get in touch to know more.
Genetic problems in either one or both the parents are an indication for IVF with PGD testing, which allows the doctor to check the genetic make-up of the embryos before transferring them to the uterus. It also increases chances of conception and the eventual delivery of a healthy baby.
Ahmedabad Infertility Services:
- Basic evaluation for male and female infertility
- IVF / ICSI
- Donor Eggs / Sperm / Embryos
- Pre genetic screening (PGS)
- Pre genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Endometrial receptivity array (ERA)
- MACS for Sperm processing
- All types of Gynec Endoscopy