Dr. Colin Lee Soon Soo is one of the most renowned fertility specialists in Malaysia, and has been serving infertility patients for over 27 years.
MBBS (Australia), MMed (Singapore)
FRCOG (United Kingdom)
Total experience: 31 years
Dr. Colin was the founder and former managing director of Malaysia’s Tropicana Medical Centre (TMC Fertility, formerly known as Damansara Fertility Centre.) He then sold his stake in TMC and started a new state-of-the-art Fertility Centre in 2011.
He serves as a Consultant Gynaecologist & Fertility Specialist, and has special interest in therapeutic laparoscopy and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
Dr. Colin has made some significant contributions to the field of fertility and has pioneered several techniques with his team.
He was part of the team that produced the world’s first micro-injection baby in 1989 as well as the world’s first human co-culture blastocyst baby in May 1991.
His contribution to reproductive medicine includes his development of a mathematical formula to determine the appropriate quantum of ovarian drilling for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) patients and also an elaborate technique, protocol and communication system for embryo transfer.
Dr. Colin is the first person in Asia and Australia to deploy Micro-array Comparative Genomic Hybridization (MaCGH) for genetic testing of all 23 chromosomes in embryos, with fresh transfer.
He is also credited with successfully making happen:
- The world’s first successful pregnancy and delivery following PGD-CGH diagnosis of chromosome inversion,
- The world’s first successful pregnancy and delivery in a patient with Mullerian dysgenesis
- The world’s first reported delivery following the salvage of a presumably abnormal embryo
- Consultant Gynecologist & Fertility Specialist for over 27 years
- Founder and director of the Alpha Fertility Centre, Malaysia (2011- till date)
- Founder and director of the TMC Fertility Centre, Malaysia (2005-2010)
- Special interest therapeutic laparoscopy and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
Education & training:
- MBBS – The University of New South Wales, Australia (1982)
- Master of Medicine (MMed Obs & Gyne) – National University of Singapore, Singapore (1991)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists(FRCOG) (1991)
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- President-Elect of the Malaysian Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Member of International Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel at Stemtech International Sdn
- Board Member of Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproductive Endocrinology (“ASPIRE”)
- Committee Member of Organon Asia Pacific Fertility Advisory Board
- PGS/PGD testing of embryos and consequent higher success rates of IVF
- Therapeutic laparoscopy
Dr. Lee is among the most highly sought fertility doctors in the Asia region. He is especially known for high success IVF with PGS, with his clinic now touching and average of 79.5% percent pregnancy success.