He was the first Malaysian Graduate class to achieve the post-graduate MRCOG in London in 1982, and elevated as FRCOG (Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (London) in 2004.
Dr. Harris has also served as the President of the MSART (Malaysian Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology).
He was appointed person to Committee of Ministry Malaysia to establish Regulation and Legislation of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) practice in Malaysia.
He is credited with establishing the first IVF facility in Malaysia as well as the birth of the first IVF baby in the country; he has several other achievements under his belt.
Total experience: 41 years
Pioneer of IVF in Malaysia – introduced IVF in Malaysia for the first time in 1986
Bahasa Malaysia, English
Other achievements of Dr. Hamzah include:
- Delivered the first Twin GIFT pregnancy in Malaysia– 1988
- Delivered the first PROST and TEST pregnancies in Malaysia– 1989
- Delivered the first ICSI and ICSI/Testicular Biopsy pregnanciesin Malaysia – 2005
- Reported the first experience with Recombinant FSH (Puregon) use in IVF in South East Asia – 2004
- Introduced Gonal F for IVF use in Malaysia – 2004
- Introduced Antagonist protocol for IVF in establishing ART protocols for management of recurrent pregnancy failure and IVF failure with PGD and CGH – 2009
- Established a low cost IVF programme for Malaysian Citizens – June 2011
- Consultant Gynecologist & Fertility Specialist for over 40 years
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre – Malaysia
- Alpha Fertility Centre, Malaysia
- Special interest in hysteroscopic surgery, in vitro fertilisation (IVF), laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery
Education & training
- MBBS – University of Malaya, Malaysia, 1977
- Post graduate clinical training – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 1982
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists(FRCOG), 1994
- President of the Malaysian Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Member of the Malaysian Medical Association
- Member of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society, Malaysia
- Laparoscopic gynecological surgeries
Dr. Hamzah is among the most highly experienced fertility doctors in Malaysia. He is especially known for treating gynecological disorders, infertility, and endometriosis.
To consult with Dr. Haris Hamzah, write to him via the form on this page. Please provide complete information to receive a quick reply.