Dr. Wiwat Quangkananurug is one of the most highly regarded fertility specialists in Thailand, who is regularly visited by patients from all over the world.
He speaks English and Thai languages, and regularly attends international lectures and conferences to stay informed about the latest developments in the field of infertility.
He believes in treating each patient with kindness and compassion and strives to provide treatment that is specifically tailored to their needs.
Below is an overview of his profile:
- 2014 : Congress President of SIART (SAFE International ART Congress)
- 2008 : Founded Safe Fertility and PGD Center, which now has 4 branches across Thailand
- 2007 : Founded Safe Fertility Center in Srisiam Hospital
- 2000 : Founded SMART CENTER (Synphaet Medical Assisted Reproductive Technology)
- 1998-2007 : OB/GYN Rep at Synphaet Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
- 1988-1998 : Ladkrabang Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Education & Training
- 2004: Twin workshop in OB (EFM and OB Ultrasound), The Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- 2000: Certificate in ART, National University of Singapore
- 1994: Specialization in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Rajvithi Hospital, Bangkok
- 1998: MD (Honors), Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
Dr. Wiwat attends an international conference almost every month to keep himself updated with the latest in the field of ART, so they employ new technologies at their clinic that help bring about higher success rates for the patients.
He has largely been successful as the current IVF success rates at his clinic are almost 70-80%.
Currently working at:
- Member of European Society of Human Reproductive & Embryology (ESHRE)
- Member of American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Member of Thai Society of Reproductive Medicine (TSRM)
Presentations and Publications
- 2012 : Effect of Sequential versus Continuous Uninterrupted Single Medium Culture on Pregnancy Rates in a Routine Infertility Program at ESHRE, Istanbul
- 2012 : Comparison of the IVF Outcome of Blastocyst Cryopreservative Using Vitrificationversus Slow Freezing at ASPIRE Osaka, Japan
- 2013 : Comprehensive Chromosome Screening with Vitrified-warmed Single Blastocyst Transfer Increases the Pregnancy Rate in Advanced Maternal Age at PGDIS Istanbul, Turkey
Number of procedures performed every year
- IVF/ICSI more than 1,000 procedures/year
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy more than 200 procedures/year